Tuesday, December 2, 2008

English, Literature and my praise to all of you!

This semester I have really fallen completely in love with my major! I love going to classes, reading non-stop (although that I have always loved) and telling others about it! It is tantalizing, pure bliss! I can find literary works to fit my moods and have spente endless hours in bookstores the past few months. Some would say this is a waste of time, but i would tell them that whatever they are doing instead is a waste of imagination and knowledge.

I am sincerely happy with my choice to become an English- Literature major. I am able to express excitement about it, which I think almost draws people in. I definitely agree with Dustin as well, everyone else is just jealous! It's true!

Seriously, I commend all English majors and even those who are majoring in other studies, but love literature. Literature carries you away to a whole new world. One must begin with realizing that literature holds innumerable value, your love for literature only grows from there!

So congratulations to everyone this semester- especially those who have stuck with this course. Yes, it is a lot of work, but so worth it! And good luck in the future- who knows where we'll end up!

No comments: