Friday, December 12, 2008

I am in love with a knight errant.. <3

It is a good thing I don't have a boyfriend because quite honestly I am in love with a lot of men right now...almost every book I read, i fall in love with the male characters (well that is at least true in romance novels). NIcholas Sparks novels, "April in Paris"...I am a sucker. But never in all of my imaginative days of reading literature have I fallen in love with a knight errant until Don Quixote! Don Quixote is the quirky character that everyone laughs at, the man who every girl loves because he wants to help others (though he usually does ore bad than good in these instances).

It is true, I love Don Quixote and I am not afraid to admit it. I tell all my friends about him! I tell my family about him (though I have not formally introduced them...maybe Christmas)!

Sancho is his annoying, yet hilarious friend that you cannot help but feel bad for.

But why am I attracted to Don Quixote as a character? Well, why not...I mean he is not your usual guy! He makes me laugh, makes me mad at times for being so stupid, and I almost cried when he died! But through my blog he lives on, I can re-live every moment with him again for as long as I want, all I have to do is pick up Cervantes novel and there is Don Quixote!

No comments: