Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Defending literature- apologies

I have been very impressed with the apologies thus far! I really enjoy listening to everyone present. I also think that it is important to focus in on all the different ways in which people are presesnting and writing their apologies! Some are dialogue, some more like formal essays and many humorous, but most importantly all of them are creative and unique to the individual! I love that! I feel like no one had a very clear understanding of what to write or how to write, which made it nerve racking! Thankfully, it seems that everyone has figured it out and added their very own personal touch!

I loved Judson's way of incorporating the word threnody into his apology. It was so huorous the way that he choose that word as well! Very creative! And it is so true...literature is an addictive, masochistic engagement! Great description!

Victoria's touchstone was brilliant- i thoroughly enjoyed it! I have actually looked at some other quotes now from Catcher in the Rye.

We have all chosen to be literature majors because it does give us freedom- it takes us everywhere, teaches us, touches us, influences us in infinite ways! We are a mystery to other departments, as Dustin said "People are curious about us."

Even if we are apologizing by saying I am sorry, it's not true- we don't mean it. But I must admit I did apologize in my paper, but only for humor. We are not sorry, we never will be and we will all be true defenders of literature from now until forever!

No comments: